10 April Fools Day Pranks for Kids
March 26, 2012 By
“April Fools!” , we shout to one another after pulling a super fun prank on them. For years, our family has enjoyed this silly holiday, trying to trick one another with harmless fun.
There are a TON of great ideas floating around out there to fool your “peeps”. Here are 10 of our favorite tried & true (meaning they worked on my kiddos!) April Fools Pranks that require little preparation!
1. Blech! Sprinkle a little salt on your kid’s toothbrushes the night before.
2. Where Am I? If your kids are heavy sleepers, put them in a different bed once they are asleep. Imagine their surprise waking up in the wrong bed the next morning!!
3. A blue cow? Tint your milk jug with food coloring the night before and serve your kid their breakfast with a colorful new addition!
4. Where’s my Rice Krispies? Switch bagged cereal within their boxes and see how long it takes for your kids to find their favorite.
5. EEK! Buy realistic toy flies, spiders, etc and hid them in your kids’ lunches.
6. What a mess! TP your kids room as they sleep. Make sure to have the camera ready when they wake up!
7. Goedemorgen! Change the language on your kids’ smart devices to a different one. Make sure you know who to change it back though!
8. OUCH! Stuff a little toilet paper in the ends of their shoes and watch them think their feet grew overnight.
9. Turn your house upside down! Turn photos, toys, and furniture, anything that works, upside down the night before.
10. For Sale?? Put a for sale sign up in your yard the night before. Try to get one with a MLS box and print flyers that say “April Fools!” Watch your neighbors go crazy!